Peggy Trigg and Gail Denton: Shake, Rattle and Roll – Get New Eyes, New Ears, and More Air in Your Head!
September 24 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- « Allen Brockbank: Moonlighting – Extend Your Painting Day with a Nocturne
- Celebrate Scenic Byway 12 Paint Out »
Note: There is $10 fee and attendance is limited to 15.
Yes, you too can release and exchange your tight, controlled, anxious, rule-bound accuracy for seeing shapes (instead of leaves), values (instead of recipes) and passion (instead of cramped fingers). Explore color, shape, composition and energy from a whole new perspective. Shake it up, rattle it around, and roll in the ecstasy of fresh insight.
This demonstration includes four mini mixed media lessons based on trusting your intuition with shapes, line, and value to create great compositions! Go from complete release of control with loose abstractions to rearranging design elements in you favorite landscape to increase compositional success. You will leave with better eyesight for your landscape, fresh ears to hear what the painting wants, and more powerful compositions. Paint like nobody’s watching!
- Tape (masking, blue, scotch, whatever you have)
- Inspirational reference landscape photos
- Sketch Paper
- Mark Making tools (markers, pencils, sticks)
- Whatever else you want to play with that is solvent free
- An apron, you might get messy!